Sunday, December 23, 2012

Reflection Paper - Beliefs and attitudes


Leonardo Z. Camboja Jr.
BEE-2
December 15, 2012, MWF – 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Dr. Olga C. Alonsabe, Ph.D.
Reflection Paper – Beliefs and attitudes


Based on the survey, the community respondents agreed that:
Ø  Teachers sets moral standard of the community and should be a paragon of virtue.
Teaching profession is not easy to reach, is not easy to capture, and is not easy to be a stewards. Why? Molding an individual to be a teacher has lots of sacrifices and trials that you to be surmounted. As part of taking this path is the good reputation in the community, my wholesome images were I belong is my assets to the people around me. Teachers should uphold this moral value. Teacher is stewards,  a keepers of  parents children who entrusted while inside the classroom. Respect from your self is also a respect to the community especially the young children who are admiring our actions, imitating our actions. They keep on looking up for they believe I ‘am good person, good member of the family, good counselor, good friend and a good leader. Teacher is leader in their respective community; they are the one chosen being a judge of any competition set by their community, a president of a “Purok or Barrio”, an adviser of any organization. These kinds of opportunities rely of being a good person or trusted person in their locality. Young children admire of their teachers, that’s why I set myself to be an exemplar, e.g. the way I talk, the way I think and the way of my actions.

Ø  Men should be encouraged to enter the teaching profession,
If I count in my finger the numbers of male teachers in one school campus, it numbered in hands or in feet. Most of the time, I was visited Camaman-an Elementary School because I have a best friend, a teacher, I noticed that no male teacher I found inside the campus. I asked my friend, do you have a male co-teacher? She said 2. I said to myself, is that how crisis the male teacher nowadays? Where are they? Why most of the male students don’t have courage to take an education? For me, I love teaching. I amazed  watching teacher having their lectures. I proud being a male teacher. If there are few who are taking education but gays. Is education are for women only? I always encourage young people especially my acolytes to take education if not priesthood because I believe the nobility of being an educator. Taking priesthood if not successful there ending career will go to teaching. Teaching in philosophy, values education and other related field suited to their profession. I believe teaching is a vocation and a calling.





No comments:

Post a Comment