Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Reflection Paper - If God did not exist, then everything would be permitted.


Leonardo Z. Camboja Jr.
BEE-2
January 7, 2013 MWF – 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Dr. Olga C. Alonsabe, Ph.D.
Reflection Paper – “If God did not exist, then everything would be permitted”

The implication is that if God didn't exist, morality also doesn't exist because only God can impose moral limits on human behavior.

This is a concept often given as a reason for a deist-type belief in some sort of God, even if a person doesn't attend church, read the relevant holy text, observe the relevant holy days or rituals, etc. However, many atheists and secular humanists who reject the idea of a metaphysical deity still have a solid moral grounding. Instead of basing the moral structure upon the recorded words of a deity (which atheists will point out are the words of men, attributed to a deity), secular humanists base their moral structure upon the sanctity of life of each human being and a shared responsibility as a species to care for each other and the environment in which all humans live.

Actually, in most cases, if you watch a moral Christian, a moral Jew, a moral Muslim, a moral Buddhist and a moral atheist working side by side you probably wouldn't be able to differentiate between them if they were of the same ethnicity/race (ie, Caucasian, African, Asian, etc.).
If you want to begin a relationship with God now, you can.
This is your decision, no coercion here. But if you want to be forgiven by God and come into a relationship with him, you can do so right now by asking him to forgive you and come into your life. Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door [of your heart] and knock. He who hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him [or her]."19 If you want to do this, but aren't sure how to put it into words, this may help: "Jesus, thank you for dying for my sins. You know my life and that I need to be forgiven. I ask you to forgive me right now and come into my life. I want to know you in a real way. Come into my life now. Thank you that you wanted a relationship with me. Amen."
God views your relationship with him as permanent. Referring to all those who believe in him, Jesus Christ said of us, "I know them, and they follow me; and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand."20
So, does God exist? Looking at all these facts, one can conclude that a loving God does exist and can be known in an intimate, personal way.




Description: https://share.ehs.uen.org/sites/default/files/images/AlgII_4l1.13_image1.png





          

No comments:

Post a Comment